Friday Box Office: Universal's 'Bridesmaids' Heads for a Strong $21.5 Mil Debut
7:41 AM PDT 5/14/2011 by Pamela McClintock
The raunchy R-rated comedy grosses $7.8 million on Friday to come in at No. 2; the mighty "Thor" stays at No. 1, pushing its worldwide total past $300 million.
Universal’s R-rated female comedy Bridesmaids cashed in at the Friday box office, opening to a better than expected $7.8 million and putting it on course to gross $21.5 million for the weekend.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile