Friday Box Office: Universal's 'Hop' Opens to Impressive $11.4 Million
UPDATED: "Source Code" and "Insidious" also open well, with the verdict still out on the PG-13 version of "The King's Speech."
Universal's Easter pic Hop overperformed in its domestic box office debut, grossing an estimated $11.4 million on Friday from 3,570 theaters. The CGI/live-action hybrid is on track to gross north of $38 million for the weekend, and has a shot at becoming the top opening of 2011 for a non-holiday weekend.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR