Friday Box Office: 'Unknown,' 'I Am Number Four' in Surprisingly Tight Race
The two films are neck-and-neck; ‘Just Go With It’ finishes its second Friday at around $5 million.
Warner Bros./Dark Castle's Unknown and DreamWorks/Disney's I Am Number Four ended Friday in a surprisingly close race, with early estimates giving Unknown an edge.
The winner won't be known until Saturday morning.
Each film grossed around $6.5 to $7 million, give or take $200,000.
Both should end the long President's Day weekend with an opening gross in the mid $20s, but need to hold well on Saturday.
It's possible Unknown could pull an upset and win the weekend crown.
Sony holdover Just Go With It held well in its second Friday and was running ahead of Fox's Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, the third new film of the weekend.
Just Go With It grossed north of $5 million; Big Mommas, just shy of $5 million, according to preliminary estimates.
Just Go With It will likely beat Big Mommas for the weekend, however, and gross $22 million or $23 million.
Paramount's Justin Bieber: Never Say Never fell more than 68 percent to roughly $4.1 million. Pic should still see a decent second weekend gross.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR