'Friends With Benefits' Actor Joins NBC's White House Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
Andre Holland, who will play the White House press secretary, joins fellow actors Josh Gad, Brittany Snow and Bill Pullman.
Andre Holland is heading to White House.
The Friends With Benefits actor has joined the cast of NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot 1600 Penn, which revolves around a dysfunctional first family whose out-of-control oldest son (Josh Gad) returns home and becomes not only its biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together.
Holland will play White House Press Secretary Marshall Malloy. He joins Gad and Gad’s fictional overachieving sister Brittany Snow as well as Bill Pullman, who has been tapped to play the president in the Twentieth Century Fox TV project.
Modern Family director Jason Winer, former Barack Obama speechwriter Jonathan Lovett and Gad are attached as writers and executive producers on the project. Winer also will direct the pilot.
Holland, who recently guested on USA’s Burn Notice, is repped by Paradigm and Brookside Artist Management.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical