'Friends With Benefits' Actor Joins NBC's White House Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
Andre Holland, who will play the White House press secretary, joins fellow actors Josh Gad, Brittany Snow and Bill Pullman.
Andre Holland is heading to White House.
The Friends With Benefits actor has joined the cast of NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot 1600 Penn, which revolves around a dysfunctional first family whose out-of-control oldest son (Josh Gad) returns home and becomes not only its biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together.
Holland will play White House Press Secretary Marshall Malloy. He joins Gad and Gad’s fictional overachieving sister Brittany Snow as well as Bill Pullman, who has been tapped to play the president in the Twentieth Century Fox TV project.
Modern Family director Jason Winer, former Barack Obama speechwriter Jonathan Lovett and Gad are attached as writers and executive producers on the project. Winer also will direct the pilot.
Holland, who recently guested on USA’s Burn Notice, is repped by Paradigm and Brookside Artist Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR