Fun, Games and Dragon Eggs: How Hollywood's Power Women Really Spend Their Time (Video)
A tongue-in-cheek look behind the scenes features top executives engaging in tasks one might not guess would be part of the job.
How do Hollywood’s most powerful women spend their days? The Hollywood Reporter has a behind-the-scenes video revealing some rather unconventional job tasks top execs undertake.
HBO Entertainment president Sue Naegle is focused on building the HBO brand, from script development to overseeing current shows. But unbeknownst to most, she also has a duty “crucial to the development of Game of Thrones.”
COMPLETE LIST: THR's Women in Entertainment Power 100
In the video, Naegle reveals a basket on her desk full of dragon eggs, the sort favored by Daenerys Targaryen (played by Emilia Clarke) on the HBO hit. “I have to keep the dragon eggs warm. But I drew the line at sitting on them,” Naegle says.
Meanwhile, DreamWorks Animation chief marketing officer Anne Globe routinely has “important meetings” with CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg, which are actually just ping-pong games.
Bela Bajaria, executive vp of Universal Television, is willing to pitch in wherever she’s needed. In addition to juggling meetings, conference calls and production decisions, she makes time to stand in for actresses on TV — including Mindy Kaling on The Mindy Project.
She’s also been known to help Chicago Fire hunk Taylor Kinney with the occasional wardrobe check.
The tongue-in-cheek video comes the same day THR unveiled its 21st annual ranking of the Top 100 Women in Entertainment. Honorees were celebrated with a breakfast in their honor Wednesday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The event featured remarks from Kaling, Kerry Washington and Sandra Fluke, while Diane Keaton was presented with the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award.
Watch the video above.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!