Funny or Die Films Makes First Hire
Conor Welch has joined the low-budget film production arm as a producer.
Funny or Die Films has made its first hire.
Conor Welch has joined the film production arm of Funny or Die as a producer, reporting to Mike Farah, president of production of Funny or Die.
Welch joins months after it was announced that Scott Steindorff's Scott Pictures and Funny or Die inked a multiyear deal to produce, market and sell original low-budget comedies. Funny or Die Films will produce two films later this year, with Welch working alongside Joe Farrell, Funny or Die's director of development for film and TV.
Prior to joining Funny or Die Films, Welch was vp film at Ben Stiller's Red Hour Films, responsible for day-to-day development of its film slate. He also worked at Marc Platt Productions and at CAA.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services