FX Acquires 'Super 8'
The J.J. Abrams-Steven Spielberg film stars Kyle Chandler, Joel Courtney and Elle Fanning.
FX has acquired the commercial television rights to Paramount's Super 8, the J.J. Abrams-Steven Spielberg team-up.
The male-skewing network will air the film in late 2013 or early 2014.
Super 8, starring Kyle Chandler, Joel Courtney and Elle Fanning, centers on a sleepy town in Ohio and a group of friends who make a super-8 film by the train tracks -- capturing a mysterious creature that escapes and wreaks havoc.
Super 8, which has received positive reviews, debuted atop the domestic box office, taking in $37 million in its first weekend.
This comes after the cable network snagged Fox's X-Men: First Class, starring Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy.
FX has been on a roll, acquiring rights to Disney's Tron: Legacy, Sony's The Green Hornet, Paramount's Rango and Warner Bros.' The Hangover Part II.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR