FX Canada Picks Up Russell Brand Late Night Talker
The Canadian channel acquired the live comedy show on FX stateside from the British comic following his high-profile divorce from Katy Perry.
TORONTO - Never mind Russell Brand's divorce break-up with Katy Perry.
FX Canada has picked up the six-episode half-hour late-night series that the British comic has pacted to do with FX Productions stateside.
The project, featuring Brand’s current and comic take on politics and pop culture, will mark the first unscripted, late-night talk series for the Canadian male-skewing network recently launched here by Rogers Media.
“With one of Hollywood’s most unfiltered and original comedians at the helm, Russell Brand’s new talk series will revolutionize late-night with a daring, engaging and honest take on current events,” Rogers Media president of broadcasting Scott Moore said Wednesday.
The Russell Brand talker, to be taped before a live audience and to debut this spring, is produced by FX Productions, in association with Branded Films and Dakota Films.
The acquisition will also complement an evolving FX Canada schedule that includes American Horror Story, Wilfred, The League, Lights Out, Terriers and Sons of Anarchy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR