FX Passes on Southern Crime Pilot 'Outlaw Country'
The cable network has requested its other pilot, comic book adaptation "Powers," undergo a series of reshoots.
FX is not moving forward with Outlaw Country.
The project, which is both a crime thriller and family drama set against the backdrop of organized crime and royalty in the south, had been awaiting a decision for months.
The collaboration between FX Productions and Fox TV Studios, which went through some retooling earlier this summer, starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes.
Outlaw had been pitted against FX's other pilot option, comic book adaptation Powers. The waiting game carried on care of the network's desire to see the latter's special effects, but after seeing a finished product the network has requested similar retoolings, according to sources.
Powers, a Sony TV production, is based on the long-running Image/Icon comic series by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming is a police procedural with supernatural element. Jason Patric stars as Christian Walker, a cop who works in the Powers division of the police force and deals with crimes involving those endowed with special abilities.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR