Gabriel Byrne Returns to British TV in 'Coup' Drama
The "In Treatment" star will play politician Tom Dawkins in Channel 4's forthcoming political thriller.
LONDON – In Treatment star Gabriel Byrne will make his return to British television after more than 20 years -- in a new political thriller from Company Pictures for Channel 4.
Coup, which will go into production later this year, sees Byrne play a British politician, Tom Dawkins, who finds himself taking on the establishment after a massive industrial accident involving a US petrochemical company rips apart an industrial site in the North of England.
Dawkins, a lifelong believer in transparency and open government finds himself taking on vested interests, big business, politicians and the military as he battles to uncover the truth and get justice for the victims.
The four-part series will be written by Robert Jones, based on the novel by former British MP Chris Mullins, A Very British Coup, and will be broadcast by Channel 4 next year.
It will be executive-produced by Jason Newmanand Charles Pattinsonand will be produced for Channel 4 by Company Pcitures and Newscope Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR