Gabriele Muccino on Rome jury duty
Milos Forman heading jury; Meryl Streep set for honor
ROME -- Award-winning director and Rome native Gabriele Muccino will join the main jury for the fourth Rome International Film Festival, organizers said Wednesday.
Muccino's fellow jurors will be architect/production designer Gae Aulenti, actress and German Film Academy president Senta Berger, French screenwriter Jean-Loup Dabadie, Algerian novelist Assia Djebar and Russian film director Pavel Lungin.
As previously announced, Milos Forman will head the jury, which will select the winner of the Marcus Aurelius prize for best film and winners for best actor and best actress.
The festival also announced the juries for the "Extra" section, which will be headed by director Folco Quilici, while Gianluca Giannelli will head the two juries awarded prizes for the "Alice nella citta" section for films made for young people. The audience award, as usual, will be voted on my moviegoers at the festival, set for Oct. 15-23.
The festival will bestow its Marcus Aurelius award for lifetime achievement to Meryl Streep.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game