Gabrielle Giffords Tells Diane Sawyer She Feels 'Pretty Good' in ABC News Interview (Video)
The network released the first clip from the congresswoman's Monday interview special with the anchor, including her first words to the media since her January shooting.
ABC News airs its exclusive interview between Arizona congresswoman Gabirelle Giffords and anchor Diane Sawyer on Monday.
The network had been shy about previewing any of their discussion in early teasers, but a preview that ran during Friday's Good Morning America reveals Giffords does speak in the one-hour segment.
When Sawyer asks Giffords how she feels, she responds, "Pretty good." The anchor also asks if she finds her recovering painful or hard. "It's difficult," she says.
"Gabby Speaks," a special installment of 20/20, marks a bit of a media blitz for Giffords, who's been largely out of the public eye since a gunman shot her in the head and killed six people at an Arizona supermarket in January.
She also appears on the cover of the Nov. 21 issue of People magazine, promoting an excerpt from her and husband Mark Kelly's new memoir, Gabby: A Story of Hope and Courage, which arrives in stores Tuesday.
It still remains to be seen how much of the ABC special will focus on Giffords as opposed to interviews with her friends and family and footage from her rehabilitation. Her chief of staff recently said it wasn't a "full-length" interview.
Watch the preview below:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother