Comedian Gallagher Hospitalized After Suffering Heart Attack
The 65-year-old was scheduled to perform moments after he collapsed at a Texas bar.
Gallagher, a comedian known for smashing watermelons during his comedy act, was hospitalized on Wednesday evening after suffering a heart attack at a bar, TMZ reports. He was scheduled to perform that night.
The 65-year-old, whose real name is Leo Anthony Gallagher Jr., was heading toward the stage at the Texas bar with another person when he suddenly collapsed. He was taken to a hospital close by.
Gallagher's manager told TMZ that he had suffered a "mild to serious" heart attack and will be hospitalized for the next several days.
The comedian had suffered a minor heart attack one year ago while onstage performing in Minnesota.
According to Gallagher's official website, he was scheduled to perform in Lewisville, TX on Wednesday before heading off to El Paso and Woodlands, TX in the next two days. The comedian had dates listed until December.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws