'Game of Thrones' Actor Has Ear Partially Bitten Off
Clive Mantle, who plays Lord Greatjon Umber on the HBO drama, was involved in a dispute over noise at a hotel.
Games of Thrones actor Clive Mantle had part of his ear bitten off during a dispute at a hotel over noise, his agent's spokeman told the BBC.
Mantle, 55, best known to U.S. audiences for his role as Lord Greatjon Umber on the first season of HBO's drama series, was attacked early Sunday at a Newcastle Travelodge by a 32-year-old man who has been charged with wounding with intent. He is set to appear in a UK court next month.
A spokesman for Mantle's agency, London-based Sarahband Associates, said he believes that the actor was pinned to the floor and attacked after asking other guests to keep the noise down.
He adds that surgeons at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary had repaired his right ear.
"He is very shaken and shocked by what has happened, you don't expect this kind of thing to happen in a hotel," the spokesman said. "The part of the ear that was bitten off was found and sewn back on."
Two other men were reportedly involved the attack: One has been released on bail, while the other was not charged. A police investigation is under way.
Mantle recently finished a stint in The Ladykillers at the Theatre Royal. He was set to begin touring with the production but it's unclear when he will be able to rejoin the cast.
Mantle also has appeared in the film Alien3 as well as the BBC medical drama Casualty and spinoff Holby City as well as the BBC sitcom White Van Man.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack