'Game of Thrones' Actor Wilko Johnson Diagnosed With Terminal Pancreatic Cancer
Robert Hoy -- manager of the actor, who plays Ser Ilyn Payne on the HBO drama -- revealed his illness on Johnson's Facebook page.
Game of Thrones actor Wilko Johnson has been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer.
His manager, Robert Hoy, made the announcement on Johnson's Facebook page on Wednesday. He wrote in a post: "I am very sad to announce that Wilko has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the pancreas. He has chosen not to receive any chemotherapy."
Hoy adds: "He is currently in good spirits, is not yet suffering any physical effects and can expect to enjoy at least another few months of reasonable health and activity."
Despite his illness, Johnson -- who plays Ser Ilyn Payne on the HBO drama -- still has big plans ahead of him.
"He has just set off on a trip to Japan; on his return we plan to complete a new CD, make a short tour of France, then give a series of farewell gigs in the U.K. There is also a live DVD in the pipeline, filmed on the last UK tour," Hoy wrote on Facebook.
Johnson also was the former guitarist for the '70s band Dr. Feelgood.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram