'Game of Thrones' Actress Joins 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay'
Natalie Dormer will play Cressida in the third and fourth films in the franchise.
Game of Thrones star Natalie Dormer has joined The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2.
Dormer, who plays Margaery Tyrell on the HBO hit series, will take on the role of Cressida, a director who joins the rebellion, in the third and fourth films of the hot YA franchise, Lionsgate announced Thursday, Aug. 22.
Directed by Francis Lawrence and based on the novel Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, the films will follow Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) as she leads a rebellion against the tyrannical and corrupt Capitol in the futuristic land of Panem.
The second installment in the series, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, will open wide Nov. 22, 2013.
Mockingjay: Part 1 will open wide Nov. 21, 2014, and Mockingjay: Part 2 will open Nov. 20, 2015.
Dormer will next be seen in Ron Howard’s racing pic Rush this September, as well as in Ridley Scott’s The Counselor in October. She's repped by UTA, Untitled Entertainment and United Agents.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws