'Game of Thrones' Tops List of the Season's Most Pirated Shows
The second season of the HBO drama averaged 4 million illegal downloads per episode according to a new study.
Season two of HBO’s Game of Thrones broke ratings records, including pulling in 4.2 million viewers during its finale on June 3. Throughout the season, Game of Thrones has been averaging 10.3 million viewers per episode, topping last season's 9.3 million average and making it the third-most-watched series in HBO history.
It turns out that these numbers would be even higher if illegal viewings were considered.
According to a study by TorrentFreak, the “War is Coming” battle drama was the most-pirated show of the spring season, averaging nearly 4 million illegal downloads per episode.
The downloading numbers are highest in Australia, due in part to the fact that the show airs one week after the U.S. premiere.
How I Met Your Mother took the second place slot, averaging about 2.8 million illegal downloads per episode. The Big Bang Theory placed third, with about 2.75 million illegal downloads per episode.
The rest of the list included House, Mad Men, Modern Family, Revenge, Desperate Housewives, Family Guy and Supernatural. View TorrentFreak’s complete list here.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott