Gareth Neame joins NBCU International
Carnival Prods. head tapped as managing director for U.K.
LONDON -- Just four months after taking the role of president, international television production at NBC Universal International, Michael Edelstein has reshuffled his top exec team, giving Carnival Prods. boss Gareth Neame the post of managing director for the U.K.
Neame's remit will be to grow NBCU's U.K. production presence in drama, building on the successes of such Carnival shows as "Downton Abbey," which premiered on ITV with 7.7 million viewers last Sunday (Sept. 26), as well as "Whitechapel" and "Any Human Heart."
NBC Universal acquired Carnival in 2008.
In other promotions Yvonne Pilkington becomes vp format sales, Jeremy Miles becomes svp business and legal affairs and Charlotte Raben has become vp format sales.
"It is an exciting time at NBC Universal as we accelerate our growth plans," said Edelstein, who earlier this week announced Academy Award-winning producer Deborah Oppenheimer to the role of executive vice president, NBC Universal International TV Production, overseeing a newly created L.A. home for the production division that is based mainly London.
Edelstein's role is central to NBC Universal's ongoing international growth plans to build towards non-US revenues of $5 billion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game