Garry Shandling To Receive Just For Laughs Fest Lifetime Achievement Tribute
The veteran comic is to be honored at JFL's fourth annual comedy conference in Montreal.
TORONTO – Funnyman Garry Shandling is to receive a lifetime achievement award at the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal next week.
The tribute at the festival’s comedy conference will come after 30 years in show business for Shandling, who started off as a TV writer in 1981 before going on to create and star in the It’s Garry Shandling’s Show and the iconic The Larry Sanders Show for HBO.
His recent credits include voicing work on Over the Hedge and performing in Iron Man 2.
The Just For Laughs comedy festival's comedy conference will run from July 28 to 30, with Louis CK earlier being named as comedy person of the year, and Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd being tapped comedy writers of the year
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress