Garry Shandling To Receive Just For Laughs Fest Lifetime Achievement Tribute
The veteran comic is to be honored at JFL's fourth annual comedy conference in Montreal.
TORONTO – Funnyman Garry Shandling is to receive a lifetime achievement award at the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal next week.
The tribute at the festival’s comedy conference will come after 30 years in show business for Shandling, who started off as a TV writer in 1981 before going on to create and star in the It’s Garry Shandling’s Show and the iconic The Larry Sanders Show for HBO.
His recent credits include voicing work on Over the Hedge and performing in Iron Man 2.
The Just For Laughs comedy festival's comedy conference will run from July 28 to 30, with Louis CK earlier being named as comedy person of the year, and Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd being tapped comedy writers of the year
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed