Garth Brooks song becoming Lifetime movie
EXCLUSIVE: Three actors set for 'Unanswered Prayers'
A Garth Brooks song is becoming a two-hour Lifetime telefilm.
Inspired by the country singer's No. 1 hit "Unanswered Prayers," Lifetime has cast Samantha Mathis and Eric Close in the lead roles. The film centers on a man (Close) happily married to his wife (Mathis) but who must make a tough choice when his high school crush (Madchen Amick) comes to town.
"Unanswered Prayers" will premiere in November.
"Through his music, Garth Brooks is one of the greatest American storytellers ever, and we couldn't be more excited to be working with him on adapting 'Unanswered Prayers' into a major original movie," said Tanya Lopez, senior vp original movies at Lifetime. "The huge popularity of 'Unanswered Prayers' is proof his work touches so many people."
Sony Pictures Television will produce the film, shot in Virginia; Brooks and Lisa Sanderson are executive producing. Emmy winner Steven Schachter directs.
Mathis, who next appears in a recurring role on HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm," is repped by Paradigm and Schiff Co.
Close and Amick are repped by Gersh.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR