'X Factor' UK Judge Gary Barlow 'Devastated' Over Stillborn Daughter
Earlier this year, the British singer received an Order of the British Empire award at Queen Elizabeth’s birthday celebration.
Hope turned to heartbreak as British singer and X Factor UK judge Gary Barlow and wife Dawn released a statement on Monday that their daughter was delivered stillborn over the weekend.
“Dawn and I are devastated to announce that we’ve lost our baby. Poppy Barlow was delivered stillborn on August 4th in London. Our focus now is on giving her a beautiful funeral and loving our three children with all our hearts. We’d ask at a painful time that our privacy be respected,” Barlow said, in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.
Barlow announced in February that the family was expecting their fourth child. The couple, who wed in 2000, are parents to Daniel, 11, Emily, 10, and Daisy, 3.
Barlow rose to fame as the frontman of the ’90s British boy band Take That and has gone on to achieve solo success in music and television. He currently serves as a judge on The X Factor UK.
Earlier this year, Barlow received an Order of the British Empire award at Queen Elizabeth’s birthday celebration. He also played a key role in organizing the star-studded pop concert for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee festivities in June.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR