Gary Carter Named Chairman of Shine's Northern Europe, Shine 360° Operations
Carter, a reality TV specialist, was previously chief operating officer at FremantleMedia.
News Corp's Shine Group has headhunted Gary Carter, previously chief operating officer at format giant FremantleMedia, who will join Shine in the newly-created role of chairman of Northern European operations and head of Shine's off-air ancillary division Shine 360°.
Reporting to Shine Group CEO Alex Mahon, Carter will oversee Shine's production operations in Germany and Scandinavia, where the company owns the Metronome group of production companies. Carter will also oversee strategy at Shine 360°. He will be based in Amsterdam.
A reality-TV specialist, Carter was previously executive director of program affairs at Endemol International, where he oversaw the international roll-out of Big Brother. Prior to that, as head of the L.A. office of Planet 24, he was behind the international launch of Survivor!.
This is the latest in an corporate overhaul at Shine, which followed News Corp.'s takeover of the company in 2011 and which has seen the appointment of a pack of new executives, including Rich Ross as CEO of Shine America, the launch of Shine Latin America under Cristina Palacio and the naming of Tim Robinson to the position of COO at Shine Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR