Gary Davey Named New EVP of Programing at Sky Deutschland
Davey leaves position as COO of News Corp's European television operations to join German pay channel.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Gary Davey, currently COO of News Corp.'s European television operations, will switch to Rupert Murdoch's German pay TV group Sky Deutschland June 1, taking on the position of executive vice president in charge of programming and fiction at Sky.
Davey will step down from his current position as COO of News Corp Television Stations Europe. Davey has been an advisor to Sky Deutschland since July last year.
In his new job, Davey will be responsible for Sky's entertainment and film offerings including the Sky Film movie serivce and the group's satellite operation Sky Welt, reporting directly to company CEO Brian Sullivan. Sky Deutschland has shown slow but steady improvement since Sullivan took over as CEO last year but the group continues to burn through cash, booking a quarterly loss of $124 million (€86.9 million) in the first three months of this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR