'Gatsby' Producers Shell Out Big Bucks for Restored 1920s Cars
The three cars -- two Duesenbergs and a Packard -- are valued at somewhere between $800,000 and $3 million.
Seems that The Great Gatsby producers are willing to pay big to ensure authenticity in the 1920s-set movie.
According to TMZ, filmmakers purchased two 1929 Duesenbergs and a 1929 Packard from the Volo Auto Museum in Illinois. The cars will be driven in the film by Leonardo DiCaprio's character, Jay Gatsby.
A rep at the museum told TMZ that the three cars are valued at somewhere between $800,000 and $3 million but declined to specify how much Gatsby producers paid.
The vehicles will be shipped to Australia, where the Baz Luhrmann-directed 3D movie will be shot. Filming is set to begin in August.
Interestingly, as TMZ points out, the three cars weren't available yet at the time the movie takes place, in 1922.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!