Gavin DeGraw: 5 Things to Know
The singer was brutally attacked, hit my a taxi and hospitalized in New York City early Monday morning.
Gavin DeGraw was viciously attacked by a group of people early Monday morning in Manhattan's East Village neighborhood. The singer was then hit by a taxi 13 blocks away as he continued to walk around the city.
He's suffered cuts and a broken nose and was admitted to Bellevue Hospital, where he remains Tuesday morning in stable condition.
Here are a few things you may not know about the singer:
1. His song "I Don't Want to Be" is the theme song to CW drama One Tree Hill. He's most known for his tunes "Chariot," "Follow Through," "I Don't Want to Be" and "In Love With a Girl." "I Don't Want to Be" is also a popular American Idol pick.
2. He's currently on tour with Maroon 5 and Train (with a concert scheduled for Tuesday). He's also gone on the road with Sister Hazel, Barenaked Ladies, Howie Day, Michael Tolcher, Butterfly Boucher, The Allman Brothers Band, Marc Broussard, Saving Jane and Jason Mraz.
3. After growing up in the Catskills-region town South Fallsburg, New York, he moved to Manhattan, where he kicked off his music career playing in local clubs. He opened Lower East Side music venue The National Underground in December 2007 with his brother, Joey.
4. His next album, Sweeter, is due in stores on Sept. 20. His first album was Chariot, his second, Gavin DeGraw; and his third, Free, which was released in March 2009.
5. His "Chariot" music video was directed by Scrubs star Zach Braff. DeGraw also had a foray into television, appearing in One Tree Hill, Dead Like Me, What I Like About You, and American Dreams.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR