Gavin DeGraw Cites Musical Influences for His Upcoming Album 'Sweeter' (Video)
In an interview with THR prior to the singer's recent attack, DeGraw name dropped Maroon 5, Kings of Leon and the original Woodstock artists as a few of his favorites.
Gavin DeGraw was forced to take a break from his current tour with Maroon 5 and Train after falling victim to a vicious attack in New York City on Monday.
Just a few weeks prior, the singer spoke with The Hollywood Reporter regarding his upcoming album Sweeter, which is scheduled to hit shelves on Sept. 20.
“I like a very wide variety of styles,” DeGraw told THR in reference to his musical influences. “From classic soul music, rock, modern rock and certain types of just beat rhythm music.”
“I like a lot of baby boomer rock and that era of soul music as well,” he added. “Pretty much anyone who played at the original Woodstock, I like.”
A few of his favorites include OneRepublic, Kings of Leon, Jim Morrison and tour mates Maroon 5, as well as crooners Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett. DeGraw even co-wrote his latest single, “Not Over You,” and the title track off his forthcoming album with OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder.
“My music is really a combination of all the stuff I listen to,” he explained. “I think that pretty much most artists are sort of a collage of all the things that they like, and their attempt to be all those things.”
DeGraw was discharged from Bellevue Hospital on Tuesday, while police continue an investigation of the attack. He suffered a concussion, broken nose, black eyes, cuts and bruises.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!