Gavin DeGraw to Judge RCA Records' Kidz Star USA 2012 Talent Search
The singer-songwriter and "Dancing With the Stars" alum partners with the label, Vevo and Electus multimedia to launch the under-15 web talent show.
Kidz Bop has teamed up with RCA Records, Vevo and Electus multimedia to launch under-15 web talent show Kidz Star USA 2012 Talent Search, with celebrity mentor Gavin DeGraw on board to help coach the young artists and select a winner.
Whoever comes out on top in this competition has the chance to sign a recording contract with RCA. Potential contestants are encouraged to upload 90-second performance videos to Kidz Bop's website, after which Electus will produce a 10-episode competition show, distributed by Vevo, with DeGraw helping contestants along the way.
The ten finalists will be announced in September and will compete in "a series of musical challenges," according to a press release, with the webisodes debuting in October.
"There are so many undiscovered talented young performers across America just waiting for their big break," said Kidz Bop co-founder Cliff Chenfeld in a statement. "KIDZ Star USA is the only talent search that gives ANY kid 15 and under the opportunity to launch their career and compete for a recording contract right from home. We are thrilled that VEVO, a truly great and powerful distribution platform, believes in KIDZ Star and has made such a significant commitment to bring the franchise to as many kids and families as possible."
Last year's winner Kiana Brown released her debut single "Hey Chica" on RCA June 19.
"We are thrilled to work once again with the KIDZ BOP and Razor & Tie team, industry leaders in the kids' music arena and are excited to be joined by VEVO and Electus this time around," said RCA COO/president Tom Corson in a statement. "We had an incredible experience working on last year's Kidz Star contest and are truly excited about the discovery of Kiana Brown, 2011's winner. RCA Records, KIDZ Star, VEVO and Electus are ideal partners, working together to nurture and present fresh new talent and engage young music fans."
Last year's competition received nearly 50,000 entries, with 2 million votes cast for Brown in the final round.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother