Gavin O'Connor in Talks to Direct 'Tell No One' Remake
Frank Marshall is producing the English-language remake of the French hit.
Gavin O’Connor, the director who stepped in to save Jane Got a Gun, is in negotiations to direct Tell No One, the remake of the French thriller being made jointly by Universal and Warner Bros.
The project is a remake of the 2006 French movie Ne le dis a personne written and directed by Guillaume Canet, which was based on the English novel Tell No One, written by Harlan Coben and published by Delacorte Press in 2001.
Frank Marshall is producing the adaptation, which has a script by Argo scribe Chris Terrio.
The story centers on a doctor who was a suspected of foul play when his wife disappeared and finds himself under scrutiny once again when two new bodies show up and his wife's case is reopened. Things get even more strange when he receives an email from his wife.
It is unclear how the Universal-Warners partnership will handle the distribution of the movie.
Ben Affleck was at one point attached to direct and possibly star.
O'Connor wrote and directed Warrior, the MMA fighting drama the starred Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton, and directed Pride & Glory, the police drama that starred Ed Norton and Colin Farrell.
He is repped by CAA and Morris Yorn.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!