20th Century Fox Executive Missing for Three Days
Gavin Smith, who has worked in Fox's distribution department for almost 18 years, has not been heard from since Tuesday.
A Los Angeles-based executive with 20th Century Fox has been missing for several days, prompting the studio to enlist law enforcement in a search for his whereabouts.
Gavin Smith, who has worked in Fox's movie distribution department for almost 18 years, has not been heard from since Tuesday, according to a special bulletin distributed Friday by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, which is seeking the public's help in locating Smith.
The executive, who works in Fox's Calabasas office and is the branch manager for theaters in Dallas and Oklahoma City, was last seen in his Mercedes 420E sedan on Tuesday evening near the Oak Park home he shares with his family.
"We are very concerned about Gavin," Fox distribution president Chris Aronson tells The Hollywood Reporter. "We are actively doing what we can to assist the L.A. Sheriff's department." Aronson says there was no indication in advance of any problems that might have led to Smith's disappearance.
Law enforcement officials are asking people with information to call 800-222-TIPS (8477) or text "TIPLA" plus the tip to 274637 or Crimes.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills