Missing Fox Exec Gavin Smith Sighted in California (Report)
UPDATED: Locals claim they saw the married father and a female companion in Morro Bay.
The Gavin Smith mystery deepens, with new reports of sightings in California.
The 20th Century Fox executive was last seen May 1 at a friend's residence in Oak Park, a tony Ventura County community. Smith, who is 6-foot-6, had been wearing purple pants and black and gray shoes at the time of his disappearance. His wife and children reported him missing days later, embarking on a media tour requesting help in their search.
Nearly a month later, locals in Morro Bay, Calif., are claiming that they saw Smith and a female companion on May 7 at a popular restaurant called Taco Temple, according to NBC's Los Angeles affiliate station.
"The next morning in the office, I noticed on the Yahoo main page that there was a news link to a missing Hollywood executive," said David Brill, who dined there that night.
"I happened to click on the link, saw the photo, and said, 'Oh boy, that's the guy I saw in the restaurant the previous night,'" he said.
A waitress, Marcy Carney, alleges she served Smith and his friend.
"They were kind of quiet when they first came in, and then once I got them talking, they seemed real friendly," she said, adding that they told her they were from "down south."
“I’m pretty sure they said they were headed up north," said Carney.
Police said Smith's credit cards haven't been used, but his car's model number has been updated from a Mercedes-Benz 420E to a 500E.
Earlier this month, Smith's family called off a planned weekend search, for which they requested public support, after consulting with the L.A. County Sheriff's department.
When reached by THR, family spokesman Howard Bragman said, "This is old news. Nothing came of it."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David