Gemma Arterton to Help Choose BAFTA Rising Star Nominees
The actress, herself a 2011 nominee for the nod voted on by the public, joins a panel of industry experts to come up with five nominees for the 2014 race.
LONDON – British actress Gemma Arterton has joined a panel of industry gurus to help draw up the shortlist for the BAFTA Rising Star Award 2014, sponsored by telecoms giant EE.
Arterton joins a panel that includes director Kirk Jones, producer Pete Czernin and U.K. movie critic Mark Kermode. Together, they must finalize a list of five nominees for the award.
Arterton found herself on the Rising Star shortlist in 2011, but lost out to that year's winner, Tom Hardy.
It is the only BAFTA award dished out at the British Academy's film awards that is chosen by the public.
The nominated five will have "demonstrated exceptional talent and ambition," and also will "have begun to capture the imagination of the British public," according to the panel guidelines.
Nominees will be announced on Jan. 6 with the winner unveiled during the EE British Academy Film Awards on Feb. 16.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR