Next Gen 2010: Management
Influential executives from this year's report on industry players
32, Manager, 3 Arts Entertainment
“I’m given the freedom to go out and find talented comedians and writers who have no credits,” he says. The strategy is paying off with clients such as the droll comedian Aubrey Plaza, who landed plum roles in NBC’s Parks and Recreation and the film Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and writer-actor-rapper Donald Glover. Walter first got his showbiz close-up in elementary school when the original The Karate Kid shot across the street from his home in Reseda. After graduating from USC as a communications major/film minor, he did a stint at William Morris and then was hired for an assistant gig for producer-manager Gavin Polone. “It was a crash course in filmmaking in production, because he was still managing clients,” including Conan O’Brien and Larry David. In May 2002, he landed at 3 Arts. “I love pitching ideas and bouncing stuff off the wall,” says Walter, who's married with has two young sons. “Getting any client their first gig is truly the most exciting moment.”
35, Manager, Anonymous Content
Growing up in London, Goldstone told his parents -- producer John Goldstone and talent agent Linda Seifert -- that he also a wanted a showbiz career. They gave him some pithy advice: Leave England. “It’s a very insular, small business [there],” he explains. “My biggest influences were John Hughes, Steven Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis and Martin Scorsese. They don’t make [their] movies in England.” Graduating from the University of Pennsylvania in 1997, he moved to Los Angeles and found work as an assistant to Rick Hess, then segued into management in 1999, working at Bondesen Graup and Fuse Entertainment before landing at Anonymous in 2008. There he’s closed deals for clients like Heather Hach (Freaky Friday) to script an adaptation of What to Expect When You’re Expecting for Lionsgate.
Next Gen 2010 profiles written and reported by Randee Dawn, Leslie Bruce, Todd Longwell, Carita Rizzo, Lauren Schutte and Andrew Wallenstein
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!