Gen Art Film Festival to Return June 2011
7:39 PM PST 2/21/2011 by Annie Yuan
The organization behind the indie film festival plans a comeback after shutting down in 2010.
After declaring bankruptcy in 2010, Gen Art will return this year with a new slate of programs and events.The organization, which showcases emerging talent in film, fashion, music and visual arts, was recently acquired by publishing company Sandow Media. Gen Art's first event under Sandow Media's leadership will be the 16th Annual Gen Art Film Festival. Set in New York, the independent film festival spotlights emerging filmmakers in North America. The seven-day event is structured so that each night features the premiere of one short and one feature film by rising filmmakers followed by an after-party. The film submission and review process is currently under way, and selections will be revealed in mid-May. Sandow Media announced Monday that longtime Gen Art executives Elizabeth Shaffer and Jeffrey Abramson will now serve as the company’s Co-Presidents
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR