Gen Art Film Festival to Return June 2011
7:39 PM PST 2/21/2011 by Annie Yuan
The organization behind the indie film festival plans a comeback after shutting down in 2010.
After declaring bankruptcy in 2010, Gen Art will return this year with a new slate of programs and events.The organization, which showcases emerging talent in film, fashion, music and visual arts, was recently acquired by publishing company Sandow Media. Gen Art's first event under Sandow Media's leadership will be the 16th Annual Gen Art Film Festival. Set in New York, the independent film festival spotlights emerging filmmakers in North America. The seven-day event is structured so that each night features the premiere of one short and one feature film by rising filmmakers followed by an after-party. The film submission and review process is currently under way, and selections will be revealed in mid-May. Sandow Media announced Monday that longtime Gen Art executives Elizabeth Shaffer and Jeffrey Abramson will now serve as the company’s Co-Presidents
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!