Gene Simmons Marries Girlfriend of 28 Years, Shannon Tweed
The couple’s two adult children were among the 400 guests Saturday in Beverly Hills.
After 28 years together, it’s official: Shannon Tweed is now Mrs. Gene Simmons.
The KISS bassist married his longtime girlfriend in an outside ceremony on the crystal lawn at the Beverly Hills Hotel Saturday evening, according to the couple’s rep.
Tweed, 54, walked down the aisle in front of nearly 400 guests, according to People magazine, including Hugh Hefner, Bill Maher and the other members of KISS. The couple’s two children, Nick, 22, and Sophie, 19, were also there—Sophie served as her mother’s maid of honor.
The bride, a former Playboy Playmate, wore three dresses Saturday, according to People. The first was an ivory Priscilla of Boston gown, which she wore during the nuptials while carrying a bouquet of ivory garden roses.
For their first dance, daughter Sophie showcased her singing skills by singing Etta James' "At Last"--fitting for the couple who previously said they would never get married.
Simmons, 62, surprised many viewers of his hit reality series on A&E, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, when he proposed to Tweed in Belize on the Season 6 finale, with a 24-carat diamond ring.
The series returns on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 9 p.m. Spoiler alert: Tweed said yes. The couple filmed over the summer as the planned their wedding, and camera crews for the show were also present during the nuptials. A special wedding episode is expected to air later this month.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services