Gene Simmons Thanks Fans for 'Kind Wishes' After Marrying Shannon Tweed
“Wish I could celebrate tomorrow with all of you,” The A&E reality star and KISS frontman says.
Gene Simmons says he wishes he could have invited more fans to his wedding to Shannon Tweed, his girlfriend of 28 years.
"Thanks one and all for the kind wishes. Wish I could celebrate tomorrow with all of you. But Saturday is for Shannon and the kids. Family!!!" he Tweeted before walking down the aisle.
Simmons said "I Do" in front of 400 guests, including Hugh Hefner, Bill Maher and the other members of KISS, according to People.com. Their daughter, Sophie, 19, served as Tweed's maid of honor and also sang Etta James' "At Last" at the reception. Their son, Nick, 22, was also present.
Tweed changed into three different dresses for the ceremony and reception, held at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Simmons, 62, surprised viewers of his hit reality series on A&E, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, when he proposed to Tweed in Belize on the Season 6 finale, with a 24-carat diamond ring.
The series returns on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 9 p.m. A special wedding episode is expected to air later this month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR