Gene Simmons' Wife, Daughter to Star in Their Own Canadian Reality Series
Shannon Tweed-Simmons and daughter Sophie will star in a W network series surrounding the former playmate and the straight-A student in Vancouver.
TORONTO - Gene Simmons is sitting this one out. But the KISS rocker's wife Shannon Tweed-Simmons and daughter Sophie Tweed-Simmons are starring in their own Canadian reality TV series for the W network.
The eight-episode, half-hour series from Force Four Entertainment will start shooting in Los Angeles, Vancouver and Whistler, B.C. in December, with a 2014 debut.
As Shannon is a former playmate and her daughter is a straight-A student running a children’s charity in Vancouver, the series will play up the mother and daughter's differences as they remain best friends. And Gene Simmons, who starred along with his family for seven seasons in A&E Gene Simmons' Family Jewels, will make cameo appearances on the Canadian reality show.
"Soph and I have a great relationship and filming together is always such fun, I’m thrilled we’ll now have our own show," said Tweed-Simmons in a statement Tuesday.
"It’s amazing, the friendship my mom and I have. She’s my rock, my best friend and even though we are very different, ultimately we agree on the important things in life. I’m excited to start shooting and give viewers a glimpse into our world," daughter Sophie added in her statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR