Gene Simmons' Wife, Daughter to Star in Their Own Canadian Reality Series
Shannon Tweed-Simmons and daughter Sophie will star in a W network series surrounding the former playmate and the straight-A student in Vancouver.
TORONTO - Gene Simmons is sitting this one out. But the KISS rocker's wife Shannon Tweed-Simmons and daughter Sophie Tweed-Simmons are starring in their own Canadian reality TV series for the W network.
The eight-episode, half-hour series from Force Four Entertainment will start shooting in Los Angeles, Vancouver and Whistler, B.C. in December, with a 2014 debut.
As Shannon is a former playmate and her daughter is a straight-A student running a children’s charity in Vancouver, the series will play up the mother and daughter's differences as they remain best friends. And Gene Simmons, who starred along with his family for seven seasons in A&E Gene Simmons' Family Jewels, will make cameo appearances on the Canadian reality show.
"Soph and I have a great relationship and filming together is always such fun, I’m thrilled we’ll now have our own show," said Tweed-Simmons in a statement Tuesday.
"It’s amazing, the friendship my mom and I have. She’s my rock, my best friend and even though we are very different, ultimately we agree on the important things in life. I’m excited to start shooting and give viewers a glimpse into our world," daughter Sophie added in her statement.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!