'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' Actor Elliott Reid Dies at 93
He passed away from heart failure at an assisted-living facility, according to his nephew.
Elliott Reid, best known for his roles in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and The Absent-Minded Professor, died Friday at the age of 93.
He passed away from heart failure at the assisted-living facility in Studio City, Calif., where he lived, his nephew told the Los Angeles Times.
Reid starred opposite Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and alongside Fred MacMurray in The Absent-Minded Professor.
He also had roles in Son of Flubber and Inherit the Wind and appeared in episodes of I Love Lucy, Perry Mason and Murder, She Wrote, among others.
Reid even impersonated John F. Kennedy at a 1962 dinner with the president in the audience. JFK was reportedly "convulsed" by the performance.
Reid was born Edgeworth Blair Reid on Jan. 16, 1920, in New York City, later taking "Elliott" as his stage name.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack