George Clooney Contracts Malaria After Trip to Sudan
11:29 AM PST 1/20/2011 by THR staff
The actor is "feeling rough," says Piers Morgan, who features the actor on his CNN show Friday.
George Clooney has contracted Malaria following a recent trip to Sudan.This is according to Piers Morgan, who Tweets that he will feature the actor (and his father Nick) on his CNN evening show Friday. "It's his 2nd bout of malaria," Morgan Tweets. "Taking medication but feeling rough." Clooney has frequently traveled to Sudan to try to bring awareness to the possibility of another bloody conflict as the country is positioned to split itself in two. Clooney's representative Stan Rosenfield said that the actor contracted the disease during a trip in the first week of January (his CNN appearance was taped Jan. 13). Clooney said in a statement: "This illustrates how with proper mediation, the most lethal condition in Africa, can be reduced to bad ten days instead of a death sentence."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR