George Clooney 'Did Too Many Drugs,' Slept With 'Too Many Chicks' to Be a Politician
11:45 AM PST 2/23/2011 by Mark Cina
Though his name has been dropped as a possible Democratic candidate, actor George Clooney says he won't run for office.The reason: His wild past would prevent him from getting elected. "I didn't live my life in the right way for politics, you know," the actor, 49, tells Newsweek. "I f----- too many chicks and did too many drugs, and that's the truth." Clooney did offer advice to politicians who have had indiscretions in the past. They should "start from the beginning by saying, 'I did it all. I drank the bong water. Now let's talk about issues,' " he says. "That's gonna be my campaign slogan: 'I drank the bong water.' " Despite no political plans, Clooney still wants to remain involved in world issue issues. Among his work: He has funded a satellite that monitors military movements in a wartorn Sudan. "I'm not tied to the U.N. or the U.S. government, and so I don't have the same constraints," Clooney says. "I'm a guy with a camera from 480 miles up. I'm the anti-genocide paparazzi."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR