George Clooney, Elon Musk Trade Tesla Barbs
The mogul dismisses the actor's complaints about his car often leaving him "stuck on the side of the road."
George Clooney didn't have the best experience with his Tesla, he told Esquire, giving the electric-car company another bit of bad press in a year of highly publicized trouble.
“I had a Tesla. I was one of the first cats with a Tesla. I think I was, like, number five on the list," Clooney told Esquire when the writer asked why he was driving a Lexus instead of Hollywood's hot ride. "But I’m telling you, I’ve been on the side of the road a while in that thing. And I said to them, ‘Look, guys, why am I always stuck on the side of the f---ing road? Make it work, one way or another.’ "
Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted the following response:
In other news, George Clooney reports that his iPhone 1 had a bug back in '07
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 12, 2013
But other Tesla drivers have had problems lately -- including an unfortunate Model S owner whose car caught fire after it hit some debris near Seattle, an incident that was documented on a YouTube video that went viral.
Musk also got into a heavily publicized dust-up with the New York Times after it published a story in which journalist John Broder documented a rough road trip from Washington, D.C., to Boston in which insufficient battery charges, lagging speeds and freezing conditions ultimately led to the Model S he was driving being towed.
Musk fired back, publishing the data the car's computer logged during the trip and insisting that Broder improperly drove and charged it.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10