George Clooney, Grant Heslov to Produce 'August: Osage County' for Weinstein Co.
Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts are attached to star in the adaptation of the Tony Award-winning play.
George Clooney and his Smokehouse Pictures producing partner Grant Heslov have come aboard to produce the big-screen adaptation of August: Osage County for the Weinstein Co.
Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep are attached to star in the project, based on the Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning play. John Wells (Company Men) will direct.
Clooney and Heslov join producersSteve Traxler andJean Doumanian.
Written by Tracy Letts, the play follows the women of a family whose lives have splintered in many directions until a crisis brings them back to their childhood home and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them.
Streep will play the pill-popping matriarch, while Roberts will portray her daughter.
Smokehouse most recently produced last year’s The Ides of March, another adaptation of a play, and is developing The Monuments Men, a World War II thriller Clooney would direct.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR