George Lucas Invests $10 Million in Starbucks (Report)
His wife, Mellody Hobson, is a member of the board of directors of the Seattle-based coffee company.
George Lucas has made a $10 million investment in Starbucks.
On Aug. 19, the filmmaker and philanthropist bought 141,573 shares of the coffee company through his GWL Living Trust at a price averaged at $70.60 a share, according to Bloomberg.
His wife, Mellody Hobson, is a member of the board of directors of the Seattle-based chain. She is also the president of Ariel Investments LLC and was named chairman of the board at DreamWorks Animation in October of 2012.
After the sale of Lucasfilm assets to Disney for $4 billion last October, Lucas stated that he was dedicating the majority of his wealth toward improving education. The net worth of the Star Wars mogul, as of March, 2013, was $3.9 billion, according to Forbes.
Lucas, 69, wedded Hobson, 44, at Skywalker Ranch in Marin County this past June. The couple welcomed a baby girl, Everest Hobson Lucas, earlier this month.
The director was honored in a White House ceremony in July by President Obama during a presentation of the National Medals of Arts.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR