George Lucas' Wife Mellody Hobson Reveals Inspiration For Daughter's Name (Video)
The DreamWorks Animation chair made her first public appearance on CBS This Morning since she and her Star Wars mogul husband welcomed their new baby.
George Lucas' wife Mellody Hobson has revealed the origins of her brand-new baby daughter's name, telling Charlie Rose on Wednesday's CBS This Morning, "Everest is based on the son of a very close friend, who was a friend of yours too, Charlie."
Rose didn't offer any clues to who this friend might be.
Hobson and Lucas' daughter Everest was born Friday via surrogate, according to reports.
Hobson is a financial contributor to CBS in addition to serving as the chair of DreamWorks Animation and president of Chicago-based Ariel Investments.
She was on CBS' morning show, from San Francisco, to talk about the gender wage gap, which a new report says even exists at the top of the corporate ladder.
At the end of the segment, Rose and co-host Norah O'Donnell congratulated her on the birth of her daughter. Hobson, who looked happy and sported a green metallic blouse throughout the segment, smiled broadly and said, "Thank you."
Hobson's full segment on CBS This Morning is below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR