George Michael Recovering From Pneumonia in Vienna
The pop star remains hospitalized in the Austrian because of "the seriousness and spread of the infection," doctors say.
Doctors for George Michael say the pop star, who was admitted to Vienna's AKH hospital last week, is slowly recovering form pneumonia.
The former Wham! frontman will remain in the hospital and "needed intensive care because of the seriousness and spread of the infection," doctor's Gottfried Locker and Christoph Zielinski said in a statement, the Associated Press reports.
But, Michael, who cancelled the rest of his 2011 tour last week after falling ill, is making progress, but needs "absolute rest and restraint," said the release.
And despite rumors that the singer may be suffering from a more serious condition, it also qualified that Michael "is receiving exactly the same treatment as any normal patient in Austria would for this ailment."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'