George Michael Recovering From Pneumonia in Vienna
The pop star remains hospitalized in the Austrian because of "the seriousness and spread of the infection," doctors say.
Doctors for George Michael say the pop star, who was admitted to Vienna's AKH hospital last week, is slowly recovering form pneumonia.
The former Wham! frontman will remain in the hospital and "needed intensive care because of the seriousness and spread of the infection," doctor's Gottfried Locker and Christoph Zielinski said in a statement, the Associated Press reports.
But, Michael, who cancelled the rest of his 2011 tour last week after falling ill, is making progress, but needs "absolute rest and restraint," said the release.
And despite rumors that the singer may be suffering from a more serious condition, it also qualified that Michael "is receiving exactly the same treatment as any normal patient in Austria would for this ailment."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR