George Michael pleads guilty to drug offenses
Pop star gets banned from driving for six months
George Michael pleaded guilty to drug offenses Tuesday, with a judge suspending his driver's license for six months.
In a 15-minute appearance in a British court, Michael admitted to driving under the influence of drugs and possession of cannabis, the Associated Press reported. The pop star had had a car crash last month, after which police said they had found him "spaced out."
The judge highlighted a prior convinction under similar circumstances and warned Michael about his "extremely poor" driving due to his condition.
Tests showed the singer had taken "a therapeutic quantity of an antidepressant as well as gamma-hydroxybutyrate, a so-called "date-rape drug" because it leaves people groggy and powerless," the AP said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!