George Michael Released From Austrian Hospital (Report)
The singer will recover at home following a severe bout of pneumonia.
George Michael is home -- and healthy -- for the holidays.
The 48-year-old former Wham! singer was discharged from a hospital in Vienna on Wednesday following a monthlong stay for a serious case of pneumonia, reported Austria's state broadcaster ORF (via The Associated Press).
A representative for Michael told told Austria's Osterreich newspaper that he was flying back to his native London to recover at home.
"He's feeling a lot better. He's doing so well, he's able to fly again," a hospital staffer was quoted as telling the paper.
Michael was diagnosed with pneumonia after falling ill before his Nov. 21 Vienna; an emergency room visit turned into weeks of bed rest, and he was forced to postpone dates for his Symphonica European tour.
But fans were asked to hold on to their concert tickets: Michael intends to continue touring in 2012 with a new roster of concert dates and a clean bill of health.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)