George Rosenthal, Owner of Raleigh Studios and the Sunset Marquis, Lists Malibu Estate for $59.5 Million
The sale of the 235-acre Malibu, CA estate will have no impact on the businessman's wine label, a representative tells THR.
The Chairman of Raleigh Enterprise, George I. Rosenthal, is selling his 235-acre Malibu, CA wine estate with a price tag that makes it one of the highest-priced listings in the Los Angeles area: $59.5 million. Among Rosenthal's holdings are Raleigh Studios, L.A.'s Sunset Marquis Hotel and Malibu-based wine label Rosenthal Estates. Raleigh Studios has production facilities in Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, and Playa Vista. Such shows as The O.C. and Boston Legal, as well as films like Marvel's The Avengers have used the production facilities for shooting.
Rosenthal's estate includes seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms.
“George has owned the property for a long time and doesn’t go there that often anymore,” Neil McNally, director of sales and marketing for Rosenthal Malibu Estate told The Hollywood Reporter. “He just decided it was time to put it up for sale.”
According to the Wall Street Journal, Rosenthal assembled the wine estate beginning in 1977. The property includes a 12,000-square-foot hacienda-style main residence, complete with two swimming pools. The property also features horse stables and two guesthouses -- one with an additional pool.
Although the property includes 25 acres of vineyards and a wine-tasting room, the company’s wine business will not change and it will keep a separate tasting room 18 miles away on Pacific Coast Highway.
“We still plan on making wines,” McNally said. “We hope to still get the grapes off the estate—we don’t make the wine there anyway.”
Rosenthal told the Wall Street Journal of the estate: “It’s been a great joy in my life but it’s time to take on other things.”
His 90-acre Aspen, CO property Jigsaw Ranch is also on the market in two separate parcels—one for $36 million and the other for $22 million.
Irene Dazzan-Palmer and Sandro Dazzan of Coldwell Banker Previews International have the Malibu listing. Joshua Saslove of Joshua & Co. has the Aspen listings.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David