Gerard Butler to Foil a White House Invasion in 'Olympus Has Fallen'
Butler is developing the project about a Secret Service agent who must foil a terrorist attack on the president's residence; Millennium Films is the studio.
Gerard Butler is attached to star in a White House-set action film called Olympus Has Fallen.
Butler's agency confirms the 300 star is developing the project, from writers Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt, which centers on an ex Secret Service agent who must foil a terrorist attack on the president's residence. Millennium Films is currently seeking a director for the project.
Butler will produce with Millennium's Mark Gill. Avi Lerner is executive producing with Trevor Short.
Butler's most recent films, Machine Gun Preacher and The Bounty Hunter, have been box-office disappointments. But he stars in the upcoming surfing movie Of Men and Mavericks, directed by Curtis Hanson.
Butler is repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack