Gerard Depardieu 'Stone Cold Sober' Before Peeing on Plane
His friend repeats the actor's apology, and says, "This is not the way he usually behaves."
Edouard Baer is once again defending his friend and traveling companion, Gerard Depardieu, who peed in an Air France plane cabin earlier this week.
"He offered to clean up the mess," Baer says in a statement, obtained my TMZ.com. "He has prostate problems and it was very worrying and humiliating for him."
Baer says Depardieu is "upset" about what happened. Baer claims he gave Depardieu an Evian bottle to relieve himself, but it overfilled. In-flight crew had asked Depardieu to wait 15 minutes until takeoff because using the bathroom.
The plane was due to take off to Dublin, where they are both filming a movie.
And despite a passenger saying that Depardieu had been drinking, Baer insists, "He was also stone-cold sober at the time. This is not the way he usually behaves."
After Depardieu's actions, the plane returned to the gate and was delayed two more hours as it was cleaned.
Baer spoke out on behalf of Depardieu on European radio on Thursday, saying Depardieu was "sorry."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR