German Bambi Awards for Salma Hayek, Celine Dion and One Direction
Germany’s biggest celebrity awards show will also honor record-breaking skydiver Felix Baumgartner.
BERLIN– Mexican superstar Salma Hayek, Canadian singing diva Celine Dion and Austrian skydiver Felix Baumgartner will share the stage for the 2012 Bambi Awards, Germany’s premiere celebrity awards show, which airs Thursday night.
Hayek, Oscar nominated for her performance in Frida (2002) and recently appeared in Oliver Stone's Savages and in Here Comes the Boom alongside Kevin James, will receive a Bambi in the Film International category. The awards jury praised Hayek as the first Latino actress to make it onto Hollywood’s A-list.
Dion will receive her third Bambi, this time in the Entertainment category. Other music honors will go to Brit boy band One Direction in the Pop International category, German rapper Cro will receive the Pop National honor and Austrian singer Andreas Gabalier – known as the Justin Bieber of folk music – will receive the Bambi as this year’s Shooting Star.
Fellow Austrian Felix Baumgartner, whose skydive from the edge of space set a new record for a live event on YouTube with 8 million views – will receive a special Millennium Bambi in honor of his achievement.
The Bambis, which will be aired live on ARD, will also honor the best in German film and television performances from the past year.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least